1. All potential adopters must COMPLETE all sections of our adoption application, missing or false information is grounds for immediate denial. The potential adopter MUST provide a vet reference AND 3 personal references 1 family and 2 non family members.
- Applicants MUST be over 18 and any applicant between the ages of 18 and 21 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to evaluate their ability and commitment to provide for a dog for its entire life. A dog is not a toy but a family member, just like having a child. Once you have them you have them for life.
- Applicants who do not own a home( i.e. rent the home), rent an apartment or own a home in an area that is regulated by a co-op or housing authority must provide proof that dogs are allowed in the home on the plot and that there are NO size or breed restrictions.
2. The adoptions staff will evaluate the applicant based on their responses and ask any additional questions via email so check your email regularly including your spam folder.
3. Once the application and any additional questions and/or comments are reviewed, the adoptions team will proceed with a home visit if needed for qualified applicants. Home visit volunteers WILL ONLY be approved by Angels of Fur. You will not be allowed to have someone you know conduct the home visit for you.
-Applicants whom are pre-screened and asked to schedule a home visit are not guaranteed final approval. We receive a large volume of applications, which are processed as they are received and many applications may be in process for a single dog at the same time. We place dogs with the first approved applicant that is the BEST match for that dog, not the first received application.
4. Once the home visit report is reviewed, the Adoption Coordinator will make a decision regarding the applicant and meet with the Director for the final approval. The applicant will be informed of the decision in a timely manner.
5. Approved applicants need to read and agree to all terms stated in the adoption contract which will be given ONLY at the time of approved adoption meeting.
6. If applying for one of our bully breeds you will be asked to check into your home owners insurance first as to if they allow this breed or will you need to find another carrier who WILL allow you to house the said breed.
7. Angels of Fur Adoptions fees are found on our website www.angelsoffur.com and click on Adoption Fees
8. All applications will be processed in a timely manner. Our main goal is to always keep the dog’s best interest in mind in order to place our dogs in successful homes for the remainder of their lives. Adoption is forever and not a joke. Adoption is family and not a sleepover friend. Adoption is the BEST!!